Continued PCR testing at border (including for those vaccinated against covid-19)
Travelers to Japan should note that:
- a negative PCR test is required 72 hours before your flight and after arrival;
- you will be subject to a 2 week quarantine after entering Japan; and
- you may not use public transportation during that 2 week period.
These conditions apply to all travelers, including those who have been vaccinated against covid-19.
New restrictions on travelers from 7 countries
Please note that entry by travelers who have visited any of the following countries during any of the 14 days prior to arrival in Japan (including those with re-entry permits, deemed or otherwise) is also generally prohibited:
- Sri Lanka
Limited exceptions for entry under “special circumstances”
In addition to previously-approved categories, which include spouses and children of Japanese nationals and permanent residents and individuals on diplomatic or official visas, Japanese Immigration will also be permitting entry by the following individuals into Japan.
- Olympic athletes and related individuals
- Corona vaccine development experts
* This client alert is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Copyright Jackson Sogo. All rights reserved.