Jackson Sogo is a full-service immigration law office that regularly represents some of the largest law firms and organizations in the world as their local counsel in Japan.
Jackson Sogo provides comprehensive immigration assistance, including the following:
Applications for a certificate of eligibility (COE) for:
- New hires from overseas
- Transfers from overseas
- Foreign directors and management
- Accompanying family members
- Spouses and children of Japanese nationals
- Spouses and children of foreign nationals with permanent residency
- Individuals starting new businesses in Japan
- All other statuses of residence permitted under Japanese law
Change of status or visa renewal
- Applications for change or renewal of status
Special work permits and verifications
- Applications to engage in activities other than those permitted by one’s current residence status
- Applications for verification for eligibility for employment
- Applications for re-entry permit
Permanent residency and naturalization
- Applications for permanent residency
- Applications for naturalization
Ongoing immigration support
Jackson Sogo offers one-off services as well as ongoing immigration support under a retainer agreement. Our ongoing support option allows us to manage the corporate immigration function for our clients in Japan directly and our clients to spend their time building their business instead.
Jackson Sogo also offers the following business-related services.
New company incorporation
Advice and assistance with the incorporation of Japanese corporations (KKs), Japanese LLCs (GKs) and Japanese LLPs , including the drafting of formation documents and resolutions and other set-up related assistance.
Contract drafting and review
Drafting and review of Japanese law-governed contracts and legal advice in connection with the same.
Comprehensive corporate legal support
Drafting of resolutions and other corporate documents, on-going support with corporate governance, maintenance requirements and other compliance issues, outside corporate counsel support, and other advisory services.